Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mission Field

My heart is pain right now. As I sit here and look out onto my class, I see youth that have so much potential. So much life, yet they choose to deny God. Spencer talked this morning how the worst thing about the lost, is not that they are going to Hell (but that is bad) but that they are denying the Glory of God. They are saying that drinking, drugs, women, and the desire of mankind is much more important to them than God.

And I should do something about it.

Everyday I come to this school, and people know I'm a Christian, they know what I stand for. But do they know that I love them? Do they know that I pray for them? Do they know the life they are missing? Of course not. 

For awhile i searched so long for my mission field, when there is one right in front of my eyes. God gave me a heart for the broken, the hurt. There is so much around me. I have been denying this mission field in hopes of a greater one. 

So I ask for prayer. Pray that every morning i will put on the whole armour of God, and come to battle. That my witness will shine bright for these kids to see his Glory...but also pray that others will join the fight....


Sam, Hayley, and Steven....will you fight with me?

1 comment:

Robert said...

Amen, let it be done.